Rob Roy Soundtrack:
Films & TV |
- Trainspotting: The messed up Edinburgh drug scene became the iconic image of Scotland.
- Da Vinci Code: Fast forward to spellbinding shots of Roslyn Chapel near the end.
- Shallow Grave: Christopher Eccleston and Ewan McGregor star in a whodunnit in Edinburgh.
- Shoebox Zoo: It may be a kids' fantasy programme but Edinburgh stars as the central attraction in a collection of supernatural stories.
- The Illusionist: Tender homage to Edinburgh with a thin tale about a magician beguiled by a young lady.
Scottish Culture and History:
- The Eagle or Centurion: Ubiquitous movies about the Ninth Legion, heavy on fluff and light on accuracy.
- Ratcatcher: The despair of 1970s Glasgow very well reflects the World of Darkness' tarnished view of the world.
- Rob Roy: A very idealized view of the Highlands and a good man who becomes Scottish Robin Hood.
- The Vikings: BBC2 production with incomparable Scots historian, Neil Oliver.
- Whisky Galore!: Enterprising Scots rescue whisky from a ship sunk during WWII.
- The Wicker Man: Police investigate a missing person's case in an island steeped in the supernatural.
- Butterfly Effect: A jilted Awakening reawakens supernatural memories.
- Constantine: Cue Obrimos and Mastigos Awakenings, Astral Realms, and essential human conflicts.
- The Devil Rides Out: Satanic cults in the British countryside.
- Next: Some days it sucks to be an Acanthus cop.
- Night Watch, Day Watch: A Guardian thriller on the shadow war between good and evil. The books are better.
- The Ninth Gate: Antiquarian has a bad day with a demonic text.
- The Prestige: Set in Victorian London, a delicious story of mind games, secrets, and the terrible price of hubris.
- Pan's Labyrinth: Gorgeous, creepy tale about changelings in all their glory.
- Dog Soldiers: Werewolves in the Highlands prey upon a British special ops unit.
- Hellboy II: Demons, fae, and otherworldly enterprises. what more do you need?
- Ink: Unseen forces vie for sleeping souls.
- Being Human: An idealized story on how supernaturals struggle in the human world.
- The Booth at the End: Mortals do the unfathomable in exchange for their deepest desires.
- Death Note: A demonic or abyssal grimoire on the loose wreaks havoc.
- Grimm: Hunters track down the faerie tale legends that are quite real...
- Paprika: Crazy astral dreams are just the start.