| Date of Birth:
|| September 29, 1976
| Apparent Age:
|| Heraldic Scholar
|| Silver Ladder
|| Silver Ladder ●
|| Lyon Court ●
| Active Spells:
|| Forces Armor ●●
| His Quest:
|| Seek the Holy Grail
| Favorite Color:
| Unladen Swallow:
|| Approx. 60km/h
| Notable Attribute:
|| Resolve ●●●●
| Notable Merit:
|| Supernal Fortitude - Resolve
| Notable Merit:
|| Emotional Detachment
Alistair Percival Gavan Gruffydwyn
Nobility of spirit has more to do with simplicity than ostentation, wisdom rather than wealth, commitment rather than ambition.
Lohengrin is originally from the Anglesey Consillium where he was trained by the former lictor, Corbin. He firmly believes in the Arthurian chivalric ideals and does his best to embody them in everything he does. In his Sleeping life, he works as a heraldic scholar for the Scottish Court of the Lord Lyon.
› RP HOOKS
- Chivalry - It isn't dead. Do you hold doors for ladies? Do you uphold righteous justice?
- Heraldry - Can you trace your family line back a hundred generations? Would you like to?
- Charity - He's often found at soup kitchens and helping old ladies across streets.
- Swordsmanship - He enjoys a good turn of blade. Care to practice?
- The Abyss - He is its implacable foe.
- Spirits - He knows their ways and their weaknesses.
Six foot three and broad shouldered, this fellow is a paragon of a man and yet he carries himself with a humble manner. His dark brown hair seems continually windblown despite attempts to tame it and warm brown eyes look out at the world framed by forming crows feet. His cheeks suggest Welsh heritage and brighten easily with smiles. His frame is clearly muscular but not absurdly so and his hands are well calloused from labor. Interestingly, his nails also bear inkstains which suggests there's more to him than a lumbering hulk.
He wears casual business attire most days. Its a white oxford and dark tie with gold diagonal pinstripes for a splash of color. His slate grey slacks avoid the basic black and are pressed to a crease even if his shirt seems to lack similar crispness. A likewise pressed suit jacket is worn. Over this, the weather often demands a tan overcoat. Maybe, its an affectation of gentility but he often walks with a long umbrella that doubles as a cane.
Played By Clive Owen
› What is knightly?
So the question remains, what is knightly? How do you define chivalry? Some say there are seven knightly virtues. Others say that number is only five. Here are some of those things which Lohengrin himself believes most resonates with the supernal ideal. Can you think of others? Would you care to debate them with him?
› QUOTES ABOUT
- "Proof that not all stuffed shirts are assholes!" Tinker
- "There is /nothing/ wrong with sounding like you're straight out of a Gormenghast novel. I don't know what Morgaine's complaining about." -Niamh
- "Have you ever thought about taking up a column in the Scotsman? Seriously, I'd read that." - Dextra
- "Quick off the blocks." - Ywain
- "You mean to serve with distinction, but be wary of tarnish on your armour." - Lleu
- "Quick, go that way!" - Crow, in Lohengrin's voice
- "I've never met anyone who is so zealous in their commitment to being the genuinely better man." - Mariner
- "His plans are bigger than he is, which is admirable." - Epikoros