| Free Thinkers
| OVERVIEW |
The Wise Club takes its name and inspiration from the 18th-century Aberdeen Philosophical Society, a collective of Scottish thinkers and philosophers who investigated science, art, agriculture, and technology from a pragmatic point of view. The cabal examines magic and Supernal principles through rational consideration and scientific methods, with a greater aim to close the breach between human science and magic. Experiments span the material world and human mind to better understand the spark of the Supernal within every person.
The Wise Club observes the Great Rights.
- Right of Crossing: We permit those to enter our territory whose sole purpose is travel to or from the Royal Society, provided they are not enemies of the Supernal or barred by the Royal Society. Visitors must complete their journey within two days and neither tap Hallows or ley lines within our territory or work vulgar magic, save in defense of the Awakened Nation, the Consilium or their life.
- Right of Emeritus: We observe merit and capability as the measure of a mage. We respect those who achieve great deeds in their quests for enlightenment, but actions will speak louder than gossip.
- Right of Hospitality: We reserve Hospitality for Fellows in good standing or guests who seek refuge from the Seers of the Throne, so long as they are not themselves enemies of the Supernal.
- Right of Nemesis: Disputes shall be settled by the Duel Arcane, but duels to the death are forbidden.
- Right of Sanctuary: Wilful harm to ourselves, our territory or our resources will be treated as an attack upon our Sanctum. We reserve the right to declare Nemesis or petition for war. Guests crossing our territory by right of Crossing, our apprentices and our guests by right of Hospitality are protected by Sanctuary.
| Purpose |
- To nurture human understanding of the Supernal through science.
- To examine and undermine the Lie present in technology, science, and crafts.
- To thwart the enemies fostering the Lie.
ANALOGUES AND INTERDICTS
- In order to remain in good standing, members of the Wise Club must meet at least once per month to discuss matters significant to their aims.
- All members of the Wise Club have an equal share in mutual resources, but not in individual possessions or territory.
- All decisions of the cabal must be unanimously ratified.
- A cabal member out of good standing may not access the resources of the cabal, including and not limited to: Tass, Hallows, grimoires, enchanted items, or the laboratory.
- A cabal member must admit to acts of Hubris or broken laws of the Consilium to the cabal, that their soul be healed and infractions prevented in the future.
- Territories under our protection may not be used to commit an assault or attack against another Fellow.